Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Homing Device

My sister and I found this hat for Mom on a recent thrift store outing. Here she is modeling it in the chair where she spends most of her day. Let me point out a few things: her wedding picture on the wall (67 years ago), copy of Late Bloomer, Dad's sailboat he made in the 1920s (as depicted in YNK Book I), her carts, the chair in a tilt-up position (forgets to put it down), tin-foil on the lampshade (put there to keep glare off the TV), her bra-less comfort shirt, Jesus & Mary wall plaques and the last bouquet of geraniums from the yard. Also, note the athletic shoes, never laced and never worn with socks either. ? OK. She's 91! I love this woman.

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this photograph. Your mom is wonderful. I gave her a secret online hug. I just discovered your blog. Wow. Love what I'm finding here.

    ReplyDelete