Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's the light.

I love the space between Dec 22 and late March. I love thinking of it not by its calendar symbols and traditional time markings or what the weather is up to, but as this time when the light gets better, gains quality. It's the angle or something. Not so dreary. Makes me not mind the cold, knowing winter's days are numbered. It marks the slog towards mud season, the slippery slope towards Spring.

Today, on almost the western calendar New Year, I remembered this picture taken 6 months ago while at the SD Comic Con. My sister, her daughter Joy & I wanted to escape to put my toes in the Pacific Ocean. On the way there, we couldn't resist a stopover at the Coronado Hotel, an elegant, historic tourist destination. This image is from the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment